International Journal of Plasma Environmental Science and Technology (IJPEST) was first published by the Institute of Electrostatics Japan in cooperation with academies related to electrostatics in France, USA, Canada, Korea and China on March 2007. IJPEST (Print ISSN 1881-8692; Online ISSN 2435-0125) is an international, peer-reviewed journal covering fundamentals and applications of electrostatics and nonthermal technology. IJPEST will be a fully Open Access Journal from 2020. Authors have to pay a publication charge and the published papers are freely available to everyone.
IJPEST welcome contributions reporting new findings based on computational, theoretical and experimental works relevant to the topics of the journal. The papers have not been reported before and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
IJPEST publishes four types of papers; Regular paper, Review, Technical notes, Communication.
- Regular Paper
- reports original and new developments on the topics of IJPEST. It should contain elements of research background, clear description of method(s) and material(s), discussions of presented data, conclusion derived from the sound discussion, and literature.
- Review article
- summarizes the overview of current state-of-understanding on an important topic. It should also contain extensive survey of valuable literature, critical analysis, comparison, classification and balanced perspective of current research front and debates.
- Technical note
- is short paper reporting interesting phenomenon, a modification of an existing methods, unique experience worth to be known to the readers. It does not necessarily contain deep scientific discussion and validation.
- is a short paper reporting an important original finding with novelty (significant improvements, new practical applications, new tool/method to existing methods). It should be concise, innovative and unique which is worth to be quickly known to the scientific community.
Publication fee of 200 USD (or 20,000 JPY for Japanese contributor) is charged to papers accepted after peer-review. All articles published in IJPEST are free access to all readers.
- Diagnostics of thermal and nonthermal plasmas
- Environmental application of nonthermal plasma
- Electrostatic precipitation
- Collection and removal of fine particle
- Water treatments
- Ozone generation and utilization
- Solid and liquid waste treatment
- Biological application of electrostatics and plasma
- Medical application of plasma
- Plasma catalysis
- Energy applications
Articles published in IJPEST has been included in the well-known citation database “Scopus (Elsevier)” from 2011. IJPEST will apply for “impact factor (IF)” on 2020 to make it more reliable and visible to the relevant scientific community.